Tuesday 31 March 2009

CTP010 Brasília - 09 to 27.03.09



One more CTP010 has finished and I can feel that rewarding sensation again!

The Aviation English Course lasted for 3 weeks, 6 hours a day as usual, and it's really amazing to see how our students could improve their English, not to mention their positive feedback in the end. Nevertheless, I still think we could have done it better, working more on pronunciation, presenting vocabulary in more different ways and practising more grammatical structures regarding checking, confirming and clarifying information strategies. Yes, I know I have to be patient since CTP010 is a new course at INFRAERO and it is still evolving in our minds. We, as instructors, are still learning how to prepare classes and even how to teach. Sometimes we do it well, sometimes not, and that is part of the course and teachers' evolution. But I have new ideas emerging in my head and I know I have to write them down before forgetting them all, so that next time I can put them into practise.

Another interesting thing about this specific course was the fact that as we had a colleague shadowing us, I had the opportunity to play teacher trainer for the second time in only one year being a teacher, which I think I was able to do much better this time because the TTC I took in last January was still fresh in my mind.

And last but not least, it was a privilege to see, after almost ten years, colleagues from the Air Traffic Controller class of 1999, which I was part of. Besides, it was a great honour to be invited to help all of them to learn a bit more about English.

No comments:

Post a Comment