Sunday 5 April 2009

Faster? Impossible...

When I first heard about the CPE exam preparation course at Seven Pacaembú on Fridays evening I thought it would be impossible for me to sign up for it since I live in Guarulhos. Then, just out of curiosity, I went to google maps to check the distance and it said:

23,4 kilometres
approximately 33 minutes

33 minutes!!! Google is crazy!!! I thought. It merely ignores that I have to drive through Dutra and then via Marginal Tietê to join Pacaembú Avenue at 6 pm in the middle of the rush hour on Fridays, when everybody runs desperately to live São Paulo and go somewhere quieter!!!

Well, as I absolutely needed to try something different, I decided to run the risk of crawling all my way to Seven and I finally enrolled for the course. But for my surprise, at this time all the traffic are coming on the opposite direction. So the first day I went to the School, it took me just 35 minutes!  And since then the journey takes only up to 45 minutes, which is really fast considering that I am in São Paulo.

It's even faster than writing this post! But it isn't a fair comparison...

3 comments:

  1. Hey traveler!

    See? It's all a matter of trying to see what happens. :-)

    We had two mocks last Friday, so that there's no homework. Yet! LOL - I'll send everyone an email next week about homework for the holiday.

    Cheers,
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. André =)
    What a nice surprise =)
    You're blog is really great!

    See ya on Friday =)

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you lived in são paulo my dear...lol.. it d take you ... the same...
    But I don´t move back to Guarulhos for nothing. Not even for a 6´3´ tall hot guy..
    I love SP nowdays.

    ReplyDelete